Okay, remember when I started this blog, I promised that I would share my mistakes? Well, when you’re looking (and laughing) at what I’m about to show you, please remember that this is proof that I am true to my word! I am, in fact, very embarrassed to show this to you all but a promise is a promise. So here I go.
A while back I found this cute tutorial about how to make a stuffed sensory toy for baby. So simple, but so sweet! I’ve been wanting to make one ever since. The other night when I had a little extra time I decided to try my hand at it.
Now you’d think that I would just stick with the tutorial, right? But nooo, I wanted to be unique! I decided it would be cute to make a little lion instead of a dinosaur. My plan was to incorporate the sensory pieces into the lion’s mane. But of course I couldn’t keep it simple, I wanted to create a true sensory experience. So I got a number of different ribbon/craft accessories to use for the sensory parts. Well, long story short, it ended up being a total disaster. This is what I ended up with:
Ahhh! What is it? Because it sure doesn’t look like a lion. The head is all misshapen and weird. And I should probably have put more sensory pieces in for the mane. It was a total debacle. So instead of stuffing it and sewing it shut, I scrapped it. I decided to try and make a giraffe instead.
Argh. Another disaster. I made it way too small and so I couldn’t sew around the ears and the tail is non-existent and it kind of looks like a strange dinosaur instead. Not cute. But I persisted in finishing it anyway.
And then I watched as the man cub spurned the wretched beast.
Luckily my three-year-old liked it. She even correctly identified it as a giraffe. Victory for mom!
So there you go. One of my (many) sewing debacles. I had to share this, you know, in case you all start thinking I’m too awesome. *Wink*