After last week’s post (for which I did an “everyday” Maleficent look), I decided I had to at least try to do an Aurora look. And I’m glad I did! Aurora’s makeup is a very natural, no-makeup type look. Much more up my alley. And as it turns out, I was extremely happy with the finished look on myself. I will definitely be turning to this on a regular basis. So let’s get to it!
For this look I knew immediately what palette I’d be sticking to:
Tarte’s neutralEYES volume II Amazonian Clay Eye Palette.
This is actually the palette that started my love affair with makeup. My best friend gave me one of these for Christmas a few years ago and once I realized what it was like to have a high-quality palette, I never looked back. This is a fantastic palette, by the way. It is perfect for getting those, well, neutral eyes!
I decided to make this simple by condensing it into one picture and a list of instructions:
- Matte Soft Beige – All over entire eye area (from lash line to brow bone).
- Matte Pink Cashmere – Use as a highlight. I put it just under my brows and in the inner corner of my eyes.
- Shimmering Whisper Pink – On lid (from lash line to crease)
- Matte Pebble – On the outer corner and crease
- Shimmering Plum Smoke & Matte Espresso – Combine on a wet liner brush and lightly brush on as a liner across the top lash line
Aurora’s look is very soft and natural, so I went really light on all of these. I didn’t really want to look like I had makeup on, I just wanted to give the impression of being naturally beautiful!
The finished eyes.
Now for the rest of my face. I did my usual foundation routine and then I used the following products:
- Paula Dorf Baby Eyes Liner – On my waterline. This is a nude shade and is perfect for brightening up your eyes when you need it—especially if you’re tired!
- Too Faced Brow Envy Brow Shaping & Defining Kit – Aurora has very distinct eyebrows, so I used this to fill mine in heavily
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara (Gifted) – This is my favorite, favorite mascara! I didn’t put tons on, just enough to give my lashes more of an oomph
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush (Exposed) – This is absolutely, hands-down my favorite blush and one of my very favorite beauty products. It is perfect for a natural look like this one. I put just a hint of it on my cheeks, as well as the tiniest dab on the end of my nose and on my chin to give me more of that rosy I’ve been running around in the woods look that Aurora seems to have.
- Tarte Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss (Adored) – This is a fantastic gloss for natural-looking, but still pretty lips.
And no, this isn’t Tarte advertisement! Tarte is one of two of my favorite brands (Urban Decay being the other favorite).
And the finished look:
Ugh, can you please try to overlook the fact that this looks like a mug shot? I wanted to have a serious photo, but really. It’s ridiculous.
It’s just a wee bit hard to concentrate when this is what is happening in your lap:
“Mommy, mommy, it’s Ariel’s turn!” And yes, that’s mascara under her eye. She made me put it on her and, well, that was the end result.
Now if I could just get some Sleeping Beauty rest…
Hope you have a fantastic week!