It’s summer and that means really paring down my beauty routine. It is HOT here and my kids and I have been swimming every.single.day. I don’t feel like wearing foundation most days and a lot of the time I don’t want to do much else, either. But there are some beauty products I have been turning to day after day. These have become my beauty must-haves for summer!
- Avon Anew Clinical Skinvincible Multi-Shield Lotion Broad-Spectrum SPF 50 – This summer I’ve made it my goal to wear sunscreen daily. I know, that’s something I should do every day of the year, but I’ve never been very good at it. Recently, though, I read about this product in Redbook Magazine and thought I’d give it a try. And I really like it! It isn’t too thick or heavy and so far my skin hasn’t been breaking out. I definitely plan on continuing to use it and will do so year round if I continue to like it as much as I do now!
- Mally Perfect Prep Under Eye Brightener – I chose this as my Friday Favorite last week, and you can read more information about it there if you like. But needless to say, I love it. I look much more awake and much less sleep-deprived when I’m wearing it. And hence, I wear it daily.
- bareMinerals Warmth – Even though I had something of a falling out with bareMinerals until recently, I have never stopped using this product. I tend to to be pretty pasty-pale and now that I’m using sunscreen every day, I will probably stay that way, even during the summer! This product is fantastic for giving you that sun-kissed look without damaging your skin cells. And I especially like that sun-kissed look during the summer. I put it on the areas that the sun normally hits (my nose, forehead, cheekbones, and tip of my chin) and I’m good to go. I just want to point out that this isn’t a good product for highlighting and contouring and I use other products for that. But I don’t usually have a lot of time for contouring, and so Warmth is what I turn to because it is a quick brush-on-and-go!
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara – I’ve grown to really love this mascara lately. I don’t think it is my absolute all-time favorite mascara, but these days I want something waterproof, and this is definitely my favorite waterproof mascara. It gives nice volume and length and it doesn’t sweat off so I’m wearing it every day!
- Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips – I love this stuff! It keeps my lips hydrated and soft while providing just the tiniest hint of color. It is both subtly pretty and practical, which is why I’m carrying it with me wherever I go!
And even though this isn’t a beauty product, I have to include it:
I bought this at Target and I’ve been wearing it almost every day. I go to a play group every week and I think the other moms might think my hat is is overkill, but that’s okay! I love the shade that it provides when I’m going to be out in the sun for a while, and I think it is pretty cute, too.
So those are the products you’ll find me in every day this summer! What about you? What are you loving right now?
For more of my favorite makeup products as well as other tips and sneak peeks, be sure to like my Facebook page!