Whew! I have been MIA lately! We had a crazy (but wonderful) holiday season and since then it has been even crazier ‘round these parts. But things are finally settling down and I think I’m ready to start getting back into the swing of things!
Speaking of things being a little hectic, that is the topic of today’s post! Makeup for busy women—women who want to get a little dolled up but don’t feel like they have time. You know who you are! I call this series Makeup for Moms, because I hear lots of moms they feel like they don’t have the time, or the motivation, to put makeup on every day. But of course, all women are busy (aren’t they?), so this doesn’t just apply to moms! And trust me, I know all about being someone who feels like she doesn’t have the time or energy for makeup. That’s why I came up with these looks!
I started this series with a 4.5-minute look. It’s your most basic look for when you’re really in a hurry and can’t be bothered with much. Today we’re taking the same basic look and just adding two quick steps:
So, to re-cap, on the left is a picture without any makeup (nada!) and on the right is a picture after my 4.5-minute makeup look.
And this is after the 6-minute makeup look. It’s amazing what a difference a little lipstick and mascara can make!
Here’s the rundown of the whole look (for a more detailed description of the first five steps, please see this post here):
- Mally Beauty Perfect Prep Primer Glow
- Naked Skin Beauty Balm
- Mally Perfect Prep Under Eye Brightener
- Too Faced Brow Envy Shaping & Defining Kit
- Tarte Blush – Exposed (Cheek Stain and 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Blush)
- Mascara & Eyelash Curler – The one thing I absolutely dread is having mascara “bleed” during the day and ending up with dark splotches under my eyes. I HATE that! So on days when I’m not going anywhere fancy, I only use mascara on my top lashes. Curling my lashes also helps keep the mascara off that area under my eyes. I use a lash-curler from Tarte, and right now my very favorite mascara for everyday wear is Mally’s Volumizing Mascara. It does a great job of making my lashes look fantastic AND it tends to stay put better than other mascaras I’ve tried. It’s perfect for a “busy mom” look.
- Lipstick – For an everyday look, I want something that’s pretty, but also not too intense. I have several lipstick colors that I like for this purpose, but one of my very favorites is Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sweet Tart. I love, love, LOVE the Lip Butter line in general, and Sweet Tart is one of my favorite colors to wear. The important thing (in my opinion) is to find a lipstick that you like, that’s easy to apply, and lasts well. If you can find one that is non-drying, then you have a real winner!
And that’s it! Only six minutes and you’ve got yourself an everyday look that you can feel great in!
Before makeup and after the six-minute look. I know I definitely feel better during the day when I take those extra few minutes for myself in the morning! And I hope you’ve gotten a little inspiration, too!
Have a fantastic Monday!